All You Need to Know About Spray Tans!
We love a natural tan and hate orange hands and feet! Your in good hands with the Polished team for the ultimate spray tan. We have road tested 20 spray tans on the market to bring you the best ones. We love Cocoa Brown, Bellamianta, Catwalk Tan, Crazy Angel, Sudo Tan and Oro Gold.
Please follow guidelines below and wear loose old clothing tracksuit is ideal, old underwear and flip flops when you come for your appointment.
Before Your Spray Tan
Eyelash Tints, Brow Tints, Shaving, Waxing, Sunbeds, Body Moisturising to occur no less than 24 hours prior to so Tanning. Its advisable to put vaseline over tinted eyebrows, polished nails etc to avoid tan staining them.
The Weeks Before Your Spray Tan
- Exfoliate and moistuirise your body well twice a week if possible. This means polish your skin to perfection with a shower sponge and shower gel or use body scrub on slightly damp skin. Work on those elbows, knees, backs of arms! Scrub until your get some pink to the skin and your arms will probably ache a bit.
- Moisturize after showering using body oil or body cream..
- We love http://www.renskincare.com Atlantic Kelp Bath Oil or plain Coconut oil.
- The Week before you tan only use wash off tans if you are tanning at home.
- No self tans or spray tans.
The Night Before Your Spray Tan
- Exfoliate your body gently prior to treatment the night before in the shower. This means polish your skin to perfection with a shower sponge and shower gel.
- Moisturize after showering using baby oil or body cream.
- The following morning shower.
- Do not PUT ANY moisturizing creams on you face or body as they will hinder the tan from taking.
FAQs About Spray Tan
Q: What Spray Tan to Choose?
A:Your Technician will advise you on what is best based on her experience and your skin type. The one thing to remember is what suits one skin may not suit another! A really dark tan will not come out on a pale skinned person. So try out as many as you can if you have a big day coming up. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. It is trial and error unfortunately.
Q:What is Organic Tan all about?
A: A tan manufacturer only has to have 1% of their ingredients organic to actually call their tan organic so beware of that when picking an organic tan. We love Rockstar Tan and Tan Organic for both colour and because they have the highest Organic content on the market at 95%. Pregnant women can have either organic or non-organic (as anything put on skin is very unlikely to not pass into babys bloodstream) but CatwalkTan has Pregnancy Friendly claim should you want to be sure.
Organic tans should cut down the risk of allergies if you have sensitive skin but all tans have different ingredients and formulations so you never know what will suit you! So my advice is if you have time to try different organic tans if you have very sensitive skin a month or so before to see what suits you.. If it is Organic it DOES NOT MEAN it is a lighter colour! Only that it contains some or mostly Organic components.
Q: What are %DHAs?
A: This is the ingredient that reacts with the melanin in your skin that makes you go brown. You would think that a 6% DHA tan would tan very light and a 12% very dark. If you spray a fair skinned person with 6% DHA it may not come out at all and if you spray a dark skinned person 6% may look quite dark. It all depends on how much melanin the persons skin has! Confused? But generally the higher the %DHA the darker the tan (for the dark skinned person that is but for the pale skinned stick to something your therapist recommends). Also tan application depends on how good the technician is and the machine she is using. From my experience just try as many different tans as you can, make sure you see yourself in daylight the next day after a light shower and then judge for yourself.
Always At Your Disposal for Questions Beauty Related. You are Welcome to Come for a Free Consultation or Treatment in Salon or Enjoy a Spray Tan as part of a Polished Pamper Party. See www.polished.ie/hen-parties for more
Thanks for Reading!
Fiona Brady, BSc, CIDESCO, ITEC, DIP NUIT – Owner & Founder of Polished.ie – 0868439979