HD Brows or High Definition brows have been doing the rounds for the past few years.
- SO What are they and how are they done? This is a new term that combines treatments that have been around for years, waxing of the hair above and below the brow, tinting the eyebrow hair and the skin around the brow, threading, trimming and tweezing the hair to achieve the desired shape, and lastly adding further definition with brow makeup.
- Because of bad work by badly trained or untalented therapists, for the most part like gel nails, they are getting a bad rep. Visions of young huns exhibiting brows so big and so black and soo utterly awful resembling groucho marx are being observed by me and being and reported to me.
- Not every therapist can do HD Brows well. It depends on who you go to. Word of Mouth and Brow and Lash Specialists tend to be the best as it is the artistic creativity within the person and the patience of the therapist to be able to “visualise” and “design the best brow that will suit your face”.
- The best HD Brow Techs do freehand brow and they dont use a stencil to make the shape. The best HD Brow is the one that suits your face, your features, not a drawn on one with a stencil. Who wants to see “the brows” before the girl? Brows should show your features off. They should define your face. People should comment and say “wow, you look great, what have you done,”not “wow look at how big or dark your brows are?” they shouldnt be so visable they are screaming off your face and this effect takes time to achieve so they should take 30-40minutes to be done..properly.
- They are not semi permanent. In my experience they dont last for any more than one week. if you take care of them and are not rubbing the tint off with cleanser every night, that is. They are simply ideal for wedding weekends and holidays.
- Not every client though is suitable. I often refuse people. Because if you have large gaps or thin misshapen brows HD brows is not going to do anything extra for you. If you have sparse brows the only thing that will work is imbedding pigment into the skin semi permanently. See my page on eyebrow embrowdery on www.polished.ie.
- The most suitable client are the ones with decent brows, minimal gaps and a full brow see those below iv done below last week.
- Brows is one of the main things I do. I got an A in Honours Art in my leaving cert so drawing has always been my forte, I charge €30 and spend time creating the best brow to bring out the beauty in you. Consultation and Patch test required before treatment.
Love Fee x