I spend much of my free time harvesting the fruits (of my husbands labour). Our garden
eventually produced fruit after 7 years of work.
- Strawberries and Lettuces in May and June
- July is Blackcurrent, Raspberries and Mushrooms season
- August is Blackberry time
- Apples and Onions in September
We also have our own hens. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat and you cannot beat free range. Not only do I want to eat organic and healthy for me (and growing it yourself appears to be the only way we can be guaranteed of that. Also to keep my hair, skin and nails looking good. To help ward off ageing and degenerative diseases. To teach my kids good dietary habits for life so they too have the best chance at growing up healthy.
Reasons I pick and eat berries (especially raspberries) every day on my porridge is that
7)The have the highest ORAC Units. This is the measure of the anti oxidant power of a food (that is
its ability to ward off degenerative disease and the free radicals that cause aging in the skin. See this chart from Patrick J Holfords Optimum Nutrition Bible.
Freezing is a healthy way to process freshly picked fruit and this is how I have them all year around.
Freezing does not remove the nutrients.
- It preserves the fiber and other nutrients in the fruit.
- Frozen raspberries have nearly the same amount of fiber, minerals and vitamins as fresh fruit.
- If you cant grow your own Aldi and Lidl do excellent frozen ones in bags. I either buy Tesco Finest or Boylans or Dunnes Blueberries and Strawberries as i find the Aldi/Lidl ones a bit
- small and wizzand looking.(i live in Sligo so this is all thats available to me)
- To top up my diet with everything my skin needs I also pop a multivitamin and an antioxidant supplement daily from the IIAAs advanced nutrition programme https://www.advancednutritionprogramme.com .
I retail the full range in the salon because they are top quality supplements. I really believe what you put into your body shows on the outside. I want the best products to support my clients busy lifestyles as well as keep them looking gorgeous forever of course!
Hope You Are Having a Lovely Evening,
Aa always i am available for your Skin and Nutrition queries and consultations.
Fiona Brady BSc, CIDESCO, ITEC, DIP NUIT – Owner & Founder @ Polished Hair & Beauty – www.polished.ie