I spend much of my free time in Autumn harvesting the fruits (of my husbands labour). Our garden
eventually produced fruit after 7 years of work. I want to eat organic and growing it yourself appears to be the only way we can be guaranteed of that.
- Strawberries and Lettuces in May and June
- July is Blackcurrent, Raspberries and Mushrooms season
- August and September is Blackberry time
- Apples and Onions in September
- I eat as many fruits of the harvest to keep my hair, skin and nails looking good.
- To help ward off ageing and degenerative diseases.
- To teach my kids good dietary habits for life so they too have the best chance at growing up healthy.
Reasons I pick so many berries during harvest time and freeze them for use throughout the year.
6) They contain quercetin which also helps prevents heart and circulatory disease and age-related decline.
8)The have some of the highest ORAC Units. This is the measure of the anti oxidant power of a food (that is its ability to ward off degenerative disease and the free radicals that cause aging in the skin. See this chart from Patrick J Holfords Optimum Nutrition Bible.
Freezing is a healthy way to process freshly picked fruit and this is how I have them all year around.
Freezing does not remove the nutrients.
- It preserves the fiber and other nutrients in the fruit.
- Frozen berries have nearly the same amount of fiber, minerals and vitamins as fresh fruit.
- If you cant grow your own Aldi and Lidl do frozen ones in bags. I either buy Tesco Finest or Boylans or Dunnes Blueberries and Strawberries as i find the Aldi/Lidl ones a bit
- small and wizzand looking.(I live in Sligo so this is all that is available to me)
- To top up my diet with everything my skin needs I also pop a multivitamin and an antioxidant supplement daily from the IIAAs advanced nutrition programme https://www.advancednutritionprogramme.com .
I retail the full range in the salon because they are top quality supplements. I really believe what you put into your body shows on the outside. I want the best products to support my clients busy lifestyles as well as keep them looking gorgeous forever of course!
Hope You Are Having a Lovely Evening,
As always I am available for your Skin and Nutrition queries and consultations.
Fiona Brady BSc, CIDESCO, ITEC, DIP NUIT – Owner & Founder @ Polished Hair & Beauty – www.polished.ie