- Age related pigmentation and discoloration in the skin in the 30s onwards is a challenge.
- It can be a battle to get a product to cover fully that looks well on the skin too.
- A product not to be too dry for settling in the fine lines around the eyes aswell as be luminous looking and anti aging on the skin.
- From doing makeup lessons with women if you have 5 mins to do your makeup before you run out the door concealing under the eyes with a liquid concealer a lighter shade or 2 than your foundation or skin tone is one of the most important steps to making you look a bit polished for the school run or office.
Concealing under my eyes is my most important step too. For the last few years I have been using alot of concealer as I have been getting very little restorative sleep. Between lying awake for 3 hours at a time at night due to an undiagnosed digestion issue (low stomach acid-thankfully its now sorted-see another recent blog post on that). Aswell as being a busy working mum (inside and outside the home) to 2 smallies (other blog posts on that). Topped off by being 39 and battling aging related skin concerns I think I constantly look tired and every day reach for concealer.
- I am the type of girl who gets blue veiny grey tiredness as opposed to yellow sallow rings under my eyes.
- I have used so many products in the last few years so I thought i would write a review. I have tried many and heres what i think..
Best Budget BUY for COVERING UP
NYX HD Concealer & Inglot: Absolutely love these for coverage on younger skin. They hide everything…Ideal for 20s-30s. NYX also do a yellow one CW10 good for toning down redness in skin. NYX being a fav for handbag because I dont need a makeup brush to apply it. The inglot is great for a makeup artists kit. Squeeze out on a brush and palette.
Best Budget Buy for Over 30s
RIMMELs Wake Me Up Concealer: Absolutely love this one too hard working mamas. Probably my favourite because it hides almost everything. It has great coverage but it is NOT drying in those fine lines.
Best Budget “Value for Money” BUY
Jane Iredales Corrective Colour Palette: I love Jane Iredales makeup because her makeup has skincare benefits. It is not just camouflaging bad skin. It is high in minerals aswell as having other high quality ingredients so is suitable for all skin concerns and types. I love it so much I stock the entire skincare collection at Polished Hair & Beauty in Sligo.
I love this palette as it has all 4 colours needed to correct and it tells you on the cover what each colour is for (incase you forget-i do).
- Yellow Cancels Red
- Peach Cancels Blue, Purple and Gray
- Lilac cancels Yelllow
- Peach i use over the corrector to conceal.
- Very creamy and great coverage so this is a WINNER my favorite High End Skin Colour Corrector Buy for my Kit.
NARS The WINNER of High End. My favourite concealer for Over 30s
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: Keep the Best for Last.
- An amazing slim handbag concealer.
- SO creamy. Great Coverage.
- Not Drying or dragging on skin.
- Great wand to apply. I add a little white powder on top to set it as i get a bit shiny. It has so many colours to choose from. I adore it for all my over 30s cleintele. Buying online is difficult as you wont know your shade.
- “Vanilla” or “Chantilly” are good pale colour options
- “Custard” is good for anyone with Medium Skin with slight Olive undertones like me.
- I usually have several in my kit and 2 for myself (one lighter and one custard).
- Then apply if you need to if your a bit oily under eyes) a finely milled white powder to set undereye concealer if you have oily skin.
HIGH STREET I love Bourjois Java Loose Rice Powder
NYX HD White Finishing Powder
For a HIGH END Splurge Smashboxes Loose High Definition White Powder is my fav brand